s

Tag Archives: dkn legal

I was injured in an auto accident in someone else’s car!

Facebooktwittergoogle_pluslinkedin

Aisha WhiteI was injured in an auto accident in someone else’s car.  I don’t own a vehicle, so who is going to pay for my medical treatment?

By: Aisha White

In Florida, those of us who own vehicles know that Personal Injury Protection (PIP) is a coverage that we are required to purchase.  This coverage is a very important coverage because it provides insurance coverage for medical treatment, loss of income/services, and death benefits due to an auto accident (see Florida Statute 627.736).  This coverage is extremely important for people injured in auto accidents, because it provides coverage for medical treatment, loss of income, and death benefits too (subject to specific statutory and policy requirements.) Read more click here.

"Your Community Your Attorneys"

Facebooktwittergoogle_pluslinkedin

Aisha White

“Your Community Your Attorneys”

By: Aisha White, Esq.

DKN is always looking for ways to give back to the community that has given us so much.  When the firm was established the first thought was that our families are parts of the community and our law firm needs to be a part of the community.  Being a part of the community means so much more than an address.  It means assisting your neighbors by simply giving back.

In November DKN Legal had the honor of partnering with Concord Management’s Thanksgivingcharitable “New Moves” program.  We provided a Thanksgiving basket complete with the turkey and all the fixings to a wonderful local family with 6 children. We loved meeting this wonderful family, and we are so happy to be able to make a direct impact on the lives of those in our community.

Call and have your questions answered by an attorney that understands bicycle accidentsautomobile and motorcycle accidents in MelbournePalm BayPatrick Air Force BaseCocoa, and the beaches. If you have any questions regarding insurance coverage and auto or motorcycle accidents please do not hesitate to Aisha White at (321) 329-5449 and press 6 or 4 for new clients.

 

FLORIDA'S PIP LAW

Facebooktwittergoogle_pluslinkedin

RLDFlorida’s PIP Law and what you need to know.

By: Renee L. Dial, Esq.

Florida law requires vehicle owners to carry Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and Liability insurance.  The PIP is the no fault portion of Florida’s law.   PIP is supposed to facilitate a person injured in a motor vehicle accident to be able to get medical care and treatment.  PIP typically covers 80% of an injured person’s medical bills up the limits of the policy, usually $10,000.  The injured party is then responsible for the remaining 20% even though they did not cause the accident.

The insurance company for the defendant driver will typically request that you give them a signed authorization so they can request medical bills and records in order to assist you with your claim.  Of course the adjuster will be as charming as possible and will seem very concerned about your well-being and paying your medical bills.  Some insurance companies will even show up at your house to give you a check for several thousand dollars and ask you to sign a release and that they are sorry for your troubles.  What you have to determine is whether they are really on your side.

The new Florida PIP law: Fla. Stat. 627.736

“Medical benefits.—Eighty percent of all reasonable expenses for medically necessary medical, surgical, X-ray, dental, and rehabilitative services, including prosthetic devices and medically necessary ambulance, hospital, and nursing services if the individual receives initial services and care pursuant to subparagraph 1. within 14 days after the motor vehicle accident. . .“

Most persons injured in an accident hope that the aches and pains will subside on their own.  They go to work and take over the counter medication to keep the pain in check.  Later they find out that the ache in their back is a herniated disk caused by the accident and their healthcare insurance is asking them if the injury is related to an auto accident.  Depending on your health insurance you may be responsible for reimbursing your health insurance company for paying any medical bills that paid on your behalf.

These are all reasons to call and have questions answered by an attorney that understands automobile and motorcycle accidents in Melbourne, Palm Bay, Patrick Air Force Base, Cocoa, and the beaches. If you have any questions regarding insurance coverage and auto or motorcycle accidents please do not hesitate to call DKN Legal at (321) 329-5449 and press 4 for new clients.